Telehealth Services Peacock Physical Therapy
Seamless Care from Anywhere - Addressing Your Needs When Office Visits Aren't Possible
How Does Telehealth Work?
Telehealth PT is very similar to in-person visits. Here’s how:
- We ask you questions.
- We complete an exam.
- We tell you what’s going on so you know why you’re having a problem.
- We give you options on how to solve the problem.
- Then, we instruct you in how to solve the problem from your own home and get you back to living without aches and pains and doing all the things you want to do.
Reasons Our Telehealth Option Is So Popular:
- For those stuck at home (whether because of the Coronavirus or for other reasons…it doesn’t matter!)
- For those who don’t have an easy way to get to the clinic.
- For those located in remote & rural areas of Maryland where physical therapy care is limited or nonexistent.
- For the people of Southern Maryland and other surrounding counties who feel like it’s just a bit too far to drive.
- For the people who hate getting stuck in traffic trying to get across town.
- For anyone who is just more comfortable having their health taken care of in the comfort of their home!
Here Are Some Questions People Frequently Have About Telehealth:
There really is no difference between a virtual visit and an in-person visit.
Telehealth visits are very similar to in person. The therapist still watches how you move. You still point to and tell the therapist where it hurts. You are still shown and guided through the same exercises as you would in the clinic.
You will be shown and guided through a customized exercise program specifically for easing sciatica/back pain & stiffness just as you would in the clinic.
You will be shown and guided through a customized exercise program specifically for easing neck/shoulder pain & stiffness just as you would in the clinic.
You will be shown and guided through a customized exercise program specifically for easing knee pain & stiffness just as you would in the clinic.
Yes. We will work with what you have. If you have equipment…great. If you don’t have equipment…great. Treatment sessions are customized & modified to meet your needs. No need to worry.
If you have a device with video capabilities you can do telehealth. We will make it work. We will help you.
You will only be recorded if you give us consent to. Recorded sessions are a popular option so you will have the video to play back and watch again. This helps to build consistency and ensure proper technique when your therapist isn’t around.
Your journey to get back to living your best life without medications, injections, or surgery can start today from the comfort of your home. There’s no need to take two hours out of your day to get ready and go travel to see a specialist. Virtual visits give you the ease, and comfort, of getting the care you need from the place you’re most comfortable – your home.